Our hotel and inn lies on the lower part of the Bavarian river Main – also called “Bavarian Nizza”, at the rim of the Spessart forest. It is very near to the Rhein-Main area, so that many employees commute to Frankfurt/Main, which is known worldwide for its bank area and the international airport. Despite the proximity to Hesse, which can also be noticed in the language, we maintain Bavarian traditions.
The area Bavarian Lower Main regularly meets top rankings in surveys concerning the quality of living. Besides being a potent place of economy this is certainly due to our Spessart forest, which provides quietness and relaxation. Take extended walks or explore our area by bike. The Spessart forest offers a great number of tours for mountain bikers or street bikers. Or you scout the Franconian region on the MainRadweg (Main cycle path) which runs for almost 600 km from the spring to the estuary of the river Main.
Moreover, our area is famous for its castles. We can especially recommend the following towns and sights:
- Aschaffenburg (8 km) is worth a day trip. The “Johannesburg” castle formerly used by the prince bishops of Mainz, the “Pompejanum” showing Roman traditions, the abbey church from the 10th century, the nature park “Schönbusch” with its little castles and lakes leave memories of a different world.
- Hanau (20 km) shines with its probably best renovated castle “Philippsruh” in the middle of an extraordinary park.
- Lohr am Main (55 km) in the district Main-Spessart with its historic old town and the museum of local history (home of Snow White)
- Miltenberg (45 km) has an old town worth visiting and the Mildenburg castle. Moreover you can take boat trips on the river Main.
- Seligenstadt (10 km) lies completely dreamily on the MainRadweg (Main cycle path). The newly renovated Benedictine abbey with the abbey garden, old Roman buildings, the historic market place and the histories of Emperor Barbarossa enchant the visitors.
- Wertheim (55 km) is a medieval town on the rivers Main and Tauber. Wertheim castle from the 12th century and the historic old town with its narrow alleys and splendid half-timbered buildings are absolutely worth seeing.
- Wertheim Village (55 km) Visit the designer outlet shopping centre on the Autobahn A3 and make some good bargains.
There’s always something going on in the Bavarian Lower Main area: music events, theatre or a boat trip on the Main …. decide for yourself.